Sunday, September 9, 2012

Scrappy Lampshade


Other than photography, being crafty (in general) is my favorite hobby.
I took this lame lampshade and transformed it! I got it for $3 at Lowes last year. Check their discount section... I've seen lots of other shades for the same deal several times! 


To start I ripped the shade off the wire... what I didn't realize was that the two hoops weren't attached! I had already planned on tying the scraps on but I didn't know it would be so hard to even the sides out. So if you try this little project for yourself I would recommend getting a shade that has a intact wire shade.


I literally just attacked my scrap drawer and tied lots of different things all around. I used yarn, embroidery thread, fabric strips and ribbon! I love the crazy color combos going on!


 I'm kind of loving the end result! Notice how the two sides are just a little uneven... I'm over it. I still think its kind of cottage cozy... what do you think?


I just love it so much all lit up. So pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment