Monday, November 11, 2013

Kiss Me Tote Bag

A little over a month ago I went to Mary Jo's in Gastonia, NC for the first time. I was in fabric heaven. I am always looking at all the amazing designer fabrics online, but I had never seen them in person. Not to mention having rows and rows to choose from. They have a section at the front full of sale fabrics... and I picked up a yard and half of this Michael Miller comic strip love fabric (I don't know the actual name of the fabric line). I had no idea what I would do with it, but I knew I couldn't leave the store without it. 

My little cousin just turned 14 and she needed a awesome handmade gift. With out a plan I called her up and asked her what her favorite color was (which I thought was blue), lime green. SCORE. I already had several pieces of lime green laying around that I honestly had forgotten I even had. Then I spotted the black stripes in my drawer. THEN I saw the comic strip fabric. I knew then that it was just waiting around for me to make something just for her. I love the end result. 

I made wonky stars featuring a few of the cute squares. My only regret was that I didn't actually quilt the bag. I think it would have made it look and feel a lot more sturdy. Its ok though, I think it still looks pretty cool. She said, "OMG, OMG, OMG..." about a million times when she opened it. It made gift giving more fun than it ever has been before. Handmade is totally the way to go.

Hope you all agree! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment