Monday, August 4, 2014

the wind in her hair...

The beach has been my favorite place for as long as I can remember. Somehow this year it didn't capture me. Not how it used to. I used to sit on the sand and stare at the waves in awe. It would catch me and sweep me away. I felt small, but big. I felt inspired and peaceful. I would feel the wind blow through my hair, and the gritty sand collapsing over my toes and melt in that awesome moment. 

While I sat at watched Sadie play our first night at the beach, I felt as if she was feeling those very things. She held her arms out all on her own, feeling the wind from the crashing waves blow past her. I didn't tell her to do anything, in fact I didn't even talk to her, and nobody else did either. She was in her own world, soaking it all in the same way I used to. I followed her around and sat back and watched. For the first time I wasn't in awe of the ocean, but of my daughter and her beauty. She is so amazing. 





1 comment: