Sunday, May 19, 2013

Honeysuckles

There are a few things I've learned over the past month:

1. I can still get great pictures sitting in one spot. 
I don't have to bend around like a pretzel.
2. My backyard is a pretty great place for pictures.
3. I genuinely adore photography. Like really, really love it.
4. The sun doesn't have to be shining down in perfect dreamy rays.
5. My style is real life photography. Nothing else does it for me.

Here are a few photos I shot of my kids this weekend in our backyard. Honeysuckles are in season and Griffin couldn't get enough! He stood at the bushes for nearly an hour "sucking the honey like a straw." Sadie was exploring, not sitting still and making incredibly cute faces. I could just eat them both up. I can't even wait to see what my next little one is going to look and be like. Only a few more weeks to wait! Watching their personalities develop is so amazing and wonderful!








I hope that one day I will get the chance to make "real life" photography my job. I hope that others will see the beauty in life's everyday moments and have a desire to have photos of their own life shot this way. I think its amazing how my ordinary house and backyard can be transformed into something magical through the eyes of my kids. I think every home is. You just have to open your eyes and see it in a new and different way. 








No comments:

Post a Comment