Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Day

The first day of school is a big deal no matter what age you are. But when its your very first day of preschool ever, its an even bigger deal! Last year Griffin had his first day, and yesterday Sadie had hers! I held back the tears, but I won't try to be macho and say that my eyes didn't prick a little. She said, "bye mom" like she had been going to school forever. Maybe if she would have been a tiny bit sad to get rid of me I would have felt a little better. But in all honesty I knew it wouldn't bother her. She is fearless and might only be 2 but she is already, ready to take on the world. Griffin is so sweet and although he wasn't sad to see me go either, I think he would choose a day at home any day. Its hard to believe that I have a 3 year old (almost 4), a 2 year old and a baby. I feel like it was yesterday that I was still having first days. Almost 10 years have passed since I graduated high school, and I honestly feel like its been more like 3. Time really does fly, it was hard to imagine it moving quickly when I was younger because every day felt so long. Now I can finally see what all those grown ups were talking about. I hope that my kids are able to embrace their lives to the fullest and make every day count.


Our photo session of our first day was rough, to say the least. But I got a few good ones, and the other ones are just a good reminder of how my kids really act in front of the camera! 


Yes, Sadie was eating her sign.

I also made the kids their lunch boxes this year! I'm pretty proud of myself. It was my first time making a real "quilt block" and following a pattern. Im hooked, and my head it swimming with ideas for all the other projects I want to work on! This is by no means a sewing blog but I think I'll post the ones I actually do finish! I used this pattern that I found on pinterest! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment